Comfortable Home Health Care PCA Services For Disabled Adults and Children

What Does A Personal Care Attendant Do ?

A Personal Care Attendant (PCA) helps people with long-term disabilities live independently at home with out issue.

How Can I Receive PCA Services ?

In order to receive PCA services you must enroll with Medical Assistance and request a PCA assessment from your local county.

What Are The PCA Services That Are Available ?

✓ Activities Of Daily Living
✓ Health Related Tasks
✓ Obsrvation Of Behaviors
✓ Instrumental Activities

How Do I Find A PCA ?

If you choose to receive services through a traditional personal care provider organization (PCPO), the provider will find PCA staff for you. Recipients using the PCA Choice option must find their own PCA. PCA Choice tools are available to help you.

Who Can Be A PCA ?

PCA's Must :

• Be 18 years or older (16 and 17 year-old PCAs must meet adttional requirements).

• Complete training requirements and pass background study.

• Be able to communicate with you and your provider.

• Be employed by a PCA provider.

• Be able to provide services based on your care plan.

Who Can't Be A PCA ?

PCA's Can Not Be :

• Spouses

• Parents or Step parents of Minors

• Paid Legal Guardians

• Owners or controllers of your living arrangement

• Relatives who are supposes, parents or step parents of minors, paid legal guardians and legal guardians of minors cannot be your PCA

To Receive PCA Services You Must

01. Enroll with Medical Assistance (MA), Minnesota Care expanded benefits, Alternative Care Program or a waiver program.

02. Request a PCA assessment from your local county agency or tribe or your health plan member services to see if your eligible to receive PCA services.

03. Make decisions about your care or have someone to make decisions for you.

04. Provide for your own health and safety or have a responsible party that is able to do so.

05. Live in a home or apartment, not in an institution.

06. Meet access criteria.

What Are my Responsibilities ?

PCA services are designed to be flexible and driven by you. Keep the following in mind. You, your responsible party, or your other providers (examples include your clinic doctor, hospital staff, or social worker) must request an initial assessment for PCA services. PCA providers cannot do this for you.

• Do not ask your PCA to complete tasks not allowed by state law.

• Do not ask your PCA to help or take care of others in your home.

• Keep track of the hours of PCA services you have used.

• Provide honest and accurate answers to assessor's questions.

• Review and sign accurate time sheets.